Welcome to College of the Desert’s Online Application
Now Accepting Spring 2013 Admission Applications
Now Accepting Summer/Fall 2013 Admission Applications
· Applicants classified as a “non-resident” will receive notice of their status to the email address provided on the admission application.
· To be considered for a residency adjustment, complete the Residency Questionnaire along with the required documentation, before the start date of the term (not the start date of the course).
· Residency Questionnaires submitted after the start of the term will be considered for the next term.
WHEN to SUBMIT AN APPLICATION:
If you are applying for SPRING 2013 and
· you SUBMITTED an application and completed courses in Spring 2012 or after DO NOT REAPPLY.
· you DID NOT submit an application or attend courses in Spring 2012 or after YOU MUST REAPPLY.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I SUBMIT MY APPLICATION?
· Check for follow-up information in the e-mail account you provided.
· You will be emailed a student identification number (SID) within three (3) business days as well as instructions to complete the New Student Matriculation Steps to be cleared to register.
· You are required to take the COD Assessment Test. Practice taking the test prior to your exam day.
· Once all “New Student Matriculation Steps” are complete, you may register at/after your New Student Orientation.
New Students who have attended another college/university REQUEST YOUR TRANSCRIPT(s):
· College of the Desert prefers to receive all transcripts electronically. Order your transcripts easily and securely here: Order Transcripts.
· You may qualify for a Matriculation Exemption.
· DO NOT wait for an email that includes your student ID number, use your old Student ID number and log into WebAdvisor within three (3) business days after submitting the application.
· Attempt to register- you will be prompted with the date you may begin to register if your records have been activated, check the Admission Web Page for dates.
· NOTE: If your name has changed, use the name you were last enrolled under when completing the application, then complete the Name Change form and take it to Admissions & Records Office with the required documentation.
CONCURRENT ENROLLMENT STUDENTS:
· Students currently enrolled in high school are eligible to attend COD.
· Click here to print the Concurrent Enrollment Application.
· Students with the following F-1 and M-1 Visas MUST apply in person.
· Click International Student Affairs Office for contact information.
FINANCIAL AID: IMPORTANT TIPS TO PREVENT DELAYS
· Include your CORRECT Social Security Number (SSN) when prompted on the application. If entered incorrectly it WILL DELAY your financial aid award!
· Select a major; not selecting a major WILL DELAY your financial aid. If you are not sure what major or goal to select- STOP NOW and visit the Counseling Center before completing this application.
CHOOSING A MAJOR:
· You must select a major. Use the drop down menu to select the major you are interested in.
· If undecided, visit the Counseling Center BEFORE you apply to College of the Desert.