Welcome to the San Joaquin Delta College
International (F-1) Student Online Application for Admission
Community College System offers an Open Admission Policy
A message from the International
Student Program Office:
pleased that you are interested in attending San Joaquin Delta College.
International students are an important part of the rich diversity of the
19,000 students who attend the college each semester.
Delta College is a two-year community college accredited by the Western
Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). We offer Associate in Arts (AA) and
Associate in Science (AS) degrees in 139 major fields of study, including
certificate degrees in occupational and vocational programs.
has a comprehensive transfer program for students who wish to complete their
undergraduate course work at Delta College before transferring to a university.
We currently have Transfer Agreements with the University of California,
California State University and other private universities.
Delta College is located in Stockton, California, on a 165-acre park like
setting. Our northern California location is within easy travel to the San
Francisco Bay area as well as the Sierra Mountain recreational areas.
students have a variety of programs and services available to them. The
International Student Program office offers personalized, individual assistance
as well as referrals to other campus support services, including computer labs,
library, free tutoring, bookstore, cafeteria, and a variety of student clubs
your interest in San Joaquin Delta College and look forward to helping you
achieve your educational goals.
Summer Session (June - August)
Students with English proficiency - April 1
Fall Semester (August-December)
Students with English proficiency - May 1
ESL students - June 15
Spring Semester (January-May)
Students with English proficiency - October 1
ESL students - November 15
documents are required to complete your application. You will also receive an email with the list
of required documents after you have submitted the online application. Complete details are also available at the
ISP web site, http://www.deltacollege.edu/dept/outreach/isp/ispapp.html.
1. Passport Identification
- Submit a copy of your
passport identification page.
2. High School
Diploma and Transcripts
- Submit diploma or leaving certificate and official
transcripts from secondary schooling.
- Transcripts from foreign colleges or universities are optional. If the original language is not English, a
certified English translation must accompany all documents.
3. Proof of
English Proficiency/Skill Level
- Proof of English language proficiency/skill level is
required of all students. You may either
complete the Test of English as a Foreign
Language (TOEFL), the International
English Language Testing System (IELTS), or choose Conditional Admission
- TOEFL or IELTS:
Submit official score report.
Condition of Admission
61 or greater
Less than 61
6.0 or higher
Less than 6.0
- Conditional Admission:
You may be admitted on the condition that you score Level 83 on the
College’s English as a Second Language test, which you will be scheduled to
take on your arrival. If you do not
score a minimum of Level 83, you will not be eligible for final admission to
the College. You would be required to
either transfer to another school within 30 days of your arrival in the US or
return home. Your essay (see item below)
will be used to determine preliminary ESL level placement.
- This requirement is waived if you are from a country
that uses English as the primary language in its education system or if you
have completed appropriate courses at a U.S. college or university.
4. Proof of
- Submit proof of financial support issued within the
last six (6) months, showing that you meet the minimum estimated expenses
required for F-1 students. Proof of
financial support must be one of the following options:
- International Student Sponsor Form and required documentation, either a letter from a
bank official or balance statement confirming the account holder’s name and the
amount of funds available.
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, including two copies of all required supporting
documentation. Please read and follow
the instructions carefully.
- A financial support letter from a government agency or
a scholarship award letter.
- Submit a one-page essay that describes your reason for
applying to SJDC, including your educational background and goals. Your essay must be written in English and
must be a true representation of your writing and language skills.
- Submit proof of immunization for Tetanus, Measles, and
Rubella, and the results of your most recent Tuberculin skin test.
- Submit the $50 application fee. Payment is not refundable and must be an
international money order, cashier’s check, or personal check payable to SJDC. We cannot accept money
- If you would like to pay by credit/debit card - MasterCard or Visa only - please send the following information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to our secure fax at (209) 954-3754:
- Student's Name
- Card holder's name as it appears on the credit card
- Account number
- Card expiration date
- A statement authorizing the $50 application fee to be
charged to the account
- If you are an F-1 student currently attending high
school or another college, university, or language school in the U.S., submit
the following documents:
- Copy of your current I-20
- Copy of the visa and identification pages from your
passport, and I-94
- Official transcripts from each U.S. school you have
- Completed F-1
Student School Transfer Form
- Submit required documents by email, fax,
Joaquin Delta College
International Student Program
5151 Pacific Ave
Stockton, CA 95207-6370
- Allow 10 business days for processing after all required
documents are received. Your acceptance
packet, including the I-20, will be mailed to the address you indicated on your
- Express shipping by U.S. Postal Service Global Express
Guaranteed (GXG)™ service is available for an additional fee. Please email email@example.com for further information.